Cardamom and cinnamon dusted pears roasted and topped with a generous drizzle of honey and fancy sea salt –a healthy Paleo dessert!
Salted Cardamom Honey Roasted Pears
In short? You win, pears. You win.
Ingredients for Salted Honey Roasted Pears:
- Pears: 4 ripe pears. You want them to be soft, but not mushy. Bosc and Anjou pears work best for baking,but you can use other pears if needed!
- Honey: You can sub maple syrup for a vegan version of this recipe
- Cardamom: The best spice! I love the cardamom contrasted with the pears.
- Cinnamon: Another comforting spice to add flavor depth to the pears.
- Coconut Oil: This is what you’ll use to roast the pears. Can sub butter or ghee.
- Grain-Free Granola: I used my salted walnut grain-free granola, but you can sub sliced almonds and coconut flakes if you don’t have granola.
- Flakey sea salt: Use flakey Maldon salt to top off your pears!
Tips for making Salted Cardamom Honey Roasted Pears:
- I topped these off with grain-free granola, but you can use slivered almonds or coconut flakes if that’s what you have on hand.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- If you want to make these EXTRA awesome, serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Other healthy Paleo Desserts:
Cardamom Honey Roasted Pears
Cardamom and cinnamon dusted pears roasted and topped with a generous drizzle of honey and toasted coconut flakes--a healthy Paleo dessert!
- 4 pears halved and cored
- 2 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup grain-free granola
- 1/2 tsp flakey sea salt
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment and put coconut flakes on the parchment
Place the coconut flakes in the oven and toast for 5 minutes, checking to make sure they don't burn. Remove the coconut from the oven and set aside.
Place pears on parchment, cut sides up, and brush with melted coconut oil and then sprinkle with cardamom and cinnamon. Drizzle with about half of the honey and then roast for 30 minutes, until softened.
Top roasted pears with the granola, additional honey, and flakey sea salt. Serve and enjoy!