What you need to make Black Forest Collagen smoothies:
- Creamy coconut milk (or dairy free milk of choice)
- Frozen cherries – for that black-forest-esque taste!
- Frozen riced cauliflower – this helps thicken the smoothie without adding junk!
- Cocoa powder – again to help with the Black Forest taste
- A fresh, soft date (soak your date for a minute if its a bit dry)
- Collagen protein – I love Great Lakes or Vital Proteins!
- Ice cubes to thicken the smoothie and make it a cold treat!
- Whipped coconut cream chocolate chips, and cherries for topping because every day deserves a kick ass smoothie with presentation.
Tips for making these Black Forest Collagen smoothies:
- Buy frozen cherries so they’re already pitted. No one has time to pit their own cherries for days.
- Making some good homemade whipped cream to top these off with—I make mine with chilled coconut cream and it’s perfection.
- Make sure you’re using riced FROZEN cauliflower. Not fresh or cooked!
Other collagen smoothies on the blog:
- Vanilla Chai Smoothie
- Toasted Coconut Collagen Smoothie
- Mint Chip Collagen Smoothie
- Almond Joy Collagen Smoothie Bowl
- Paleo Sweet Potato Gingerbread Smoothie
Dairy Free Black Forest Collagen Smoothie
- 2 cups full fat coconut milk
- 3/4 cup frozen cherries
- 1/3 cup frozen diced cauliflower
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 date 2 if you want a little extra sweet
- 2 scoops collagen
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- Whipped coconut cream chocolate chips, and cherries for topping
Blend all ingredients together in a blender until smooth, about 2 minutes.