This Gluten Free Lemon Olive Oil Loaf is about to become your favorite grain-free snack. This moist lemon bread is bursting with citrus flavor in a springy, gluten-free crumb. Serve this bread warm with a dollop of a homemade blueberry compote.
Gluten Free Lemon Olive Oil Loaf
With the temps getting warmer I’ve been thinking about the recipes I grew up making with my mom. Honestly, the list isn’t long, but I distinctly remember having lemon pound cake a few times and thinking it was a bit boring. But then when you get older you start to really appreciate all of the foods you didn’t get when you were younger. Remember when you didn’t like meat or avocados or sushi? Even though I’ve always been a “savory” girl I still missed out on so much good food when I was young and foolish.
I’ve been baking a lot of paleo bread lately, but not a lot of summery flavors, so it was time for something lemon. I can’t wait to cook this when I can finally get together with friends again to share it! And I think its the perfect candidate for a summer French Toast!
What you need to make a Gluten Free Lemon Olive Oil Loaf:
- Cassava flour–I love cassava flour for nearly all of my grain free breads!
- Tapioca Starch or Arrowroot Flour – I like adding a bit of this in my dry ingredients to add chew to the texture
- Organic cane sugar or coconut sugar
- Baking soda
- Olive oil – I love the flavor blend of the olive oil and lemon in this bread!
- Honey – adds moisture and sweetness
- Eggs – can be replaced with flax eggs if needed
- Lemon juice– use juice from one fresh-squeezed lemon
- Full fat coconut milk, or another non-dairy milk
How to make the best Lemon Olive Oil Loaf:
This lemon loaf is really straight forward to make, so it should be pretty smooth sailing. Measure accurately and follow a few instructions and you should have a delish loaf in your hands! Here are a few tips:
- Use fresh-squeezed lemon juice in your bread!
Use room temperature eggs, as well as the rest of your ingredients.
Remember to line your bread pan with parchment paper!
- Top off with a dusting of grain-free powdered sugar or blueberry compote!
Looking for other grain free bread recipes? I gotchu! How about:
Gluten Free Olive Oil Lemon Loaf
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cups organic cane sugar
- 3/4 cups olive oil
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cup cassava flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, beat together eggs, honey, and sugar with a mixer until the sugar is well dissolved. Add olive oil, lemon juice, and coconut milk and beat well for another 2 minutes, then stir in vanilla and salt.
In a separate bowl sift together cassava flour, baking soda, and tapioca starch, Make a well in the middle and stir in the wet ingredients until well combined.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
Place in the preheated oven to bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool for 10 minutes and then remove from pan and cool on a wire rack. Serve topped with powdered sugar.