A creamy dairy-free Dalgona Coffee Smoothie packed with collagen protein and a subtle chocolate drizzle makes the perfect healthy breakfast smoothie! Dairy-free, gluten-free, and fruitless!
Healthy Dalgona Coffee Smoothie (fruitless)
Hello from another day in quarantine where I’m still pretty much wearing the same outfit, drinking the same smoothies, and watching the same TV shows on repeat. I have had plenty of time to work on my photography and redesign parts of the blog though, so I can’t say it’s been all bad!
The first thing I did when this Dalgona thing started was mix it in to my favorite vanilla smoothie, so I knew I needed to come up with a smoothie recipe that incorporated Dalgona for you guys. Maybe you’re well over this trend and deep into a sourdough experiment right now, but as someone who overplays music to death, you better believe I’m gonna milk this Dalgona phase for all it’s worth.
WHAT IS A DALGONA COFFEE?
I’m not sure that the Dalgona coffee needs any introduction at this point, but in case you don’t have Instagram or just got out of a coma, It’s a whipped coffee drink that the world is obsessed with. The milk is on the bottom with the whipped sugar/coffee mixture on top, sort of like a reverse latte. Personally I don’t really love the drink as-is, so I made a mocha dalgona recipe for you guys, but I still liked the smoothie variation more. It still has the look of the popular dalgona, but it’s more of a frappuchino-ish experience. NOW I see what everyone was so excited about! This is one of my new favorite breakfasts. And the best part? this smoothie is way healthier than your typical Dalgona, even though it’s a fruitless smoothie.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE Healthy Dalgona Coffee Smoothies:
- Frozen riced cauliflower – this helps thicken the smoothie without adding junk!
- Coconut milk – or your dairy free milk of choice
- Unflavored collagen, to add protein and thicken the smoothie
- Honey – to add a bit of sweetness
- Almond Butter – duh! You can use cashew or another nut butter
- Instant Coffee – for the dalgona (no, regular coffee wont work)
- Hot Water – to help whip the coffee layer
- Sugar – another essential part of the dalgona whip
TIPS FOR MAKING Healthy Dalgona Coffee Smoothie:
- Use a handheld beater or whisk to make the coffee layer–or it’ll take forever and make you very sore!
- You can use any dairy-free milk you’d like! I use coconut milk for my smoothie.
- You can also use any sweetener you’d like, such as monkfruit for a keto smoothie.
- Use a high-quality unflavored collagen like Great Lakes or Vital Proteins
- Use Hu Chocolate or Lily’s for a dairy free chocolate if you want to add a little chocolate swirl.
OTHER FRUITLESS COLLAGEN SMOOTHIES ON THE BLOG:
- Black Forest Collagen Smoothie
- Toasted Coconut Collagen Smoothie
- Mint Chip Collagen Smoothie
- Almond Joy Collagen Smoothie Bowl
- Paleo Sweet Potato Gingerbread Smoothie
Healthy Dalgona Smoothie
A creamy dairy-free collagen smoothie topped with whipped Dalgona coffee and a chocolate drizzle makes the perfect healthy breakfast smoothie! Dairy-free, gluten-free, and fruitless!
- 2 cups coconut or almond milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 1 cup frozen riced cauliflower
- 1/2-1 cup ice cubes
- 2 servings unflavored collagen 4 scoops
- 4 tablespoons instant coffee
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons hot water
- 3-4 tbsp melted dairy-free chocolate chips optional
To make smoothie layer, add all smoothie ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Add ice to achieve a thicker consistency.
In a mixing bowl, combine instant coffee, sugar and hot water. Use a frother or a beater to mix on high for several minutes. The liquid will slowly thicken and turn to a light golden brown. Stop beating when the texture resembles stiff peaks.
Pour your blended smoothie into two glasses, stir in melted chocolate if desired, and then top with the whipped coffee mixture. Enjoy!