This Paleo Cassava Flour Zucchini Bread is made with cassava flour to stay grain and nut free, and is the perfect light snack with a cup of coffee!
Paleo Cassava Flour Zucchini Bread (Nut Free)
Why Cassava Flour?
What you need to make Paleo Cassava Flour Zucchini Bread:
- Cassava flour: This is key to a fluffy, gluten-like bread
- Coconut Flour: I find this helps my cassava flour go further and gives a tighter crumb with a bit of fluff.
- Tapioca Starch: tapioca starch helps to create the perfect flakey edge on the bread
- Coconut sugar: my favorite low-inflammatory sugar to bake with.
- Maple Syrup: to add both moisture and sweetness
- Cream of tartar: this helps make up for the lack of baking powder while still creating a fluffy bread
- Baking soda: to create high-rise zucchini bread.
- Egg: two eggs to bind the bread
- Canned coconut milk: Full fat canned coconut works best in paleo baking
- Zucchini: wouldn’t be zucchini bread without it!
Vanilla: a non-negotiable for baking!
Tips for making Paleo Cassava Flour Zucchini Bread (Nut Free)
Don’t forget to squeeze the moisture out of your zucchini!
Make sure you line your baking pan with parchment paper—it’s the only way I bake grain-free successfully.
- Make sure your eggs are room-temp for the best bread!
Can this bread be vegan or AIP?
Yes! I have not personally tested this exact recipe with modifications, but you can replace the eggs with flax eggs or a gelatin egg.
Paleo Zucchini Bread (nut free)
This grain free and nut free zucchini bread is the perfect light yet hearty spring or summer snack with a cup of coffee!
- 2 eggs whisked
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 cups + 1 tbsp cassava flour
- ⅓ cup tapioca starch
- 1 medium shredded zucchini moisture squeezed out in a cheesecloth or paper towel
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, maple syrup, and sugar until well combined. Stir in oil, vanilla, and coconut milk. In a separate bowl sift together cassava, tapioca starch, coconut flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and stir well to combine.
Gently fold zucchini into the batter.
Pour batter into the prepared pan and place in the preheated oven to bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool for 10 minutes and then remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.