I can’t believe smoothie week is almost over! It was so much work to make a full weeks worth of recipes (and make sure they were high quality) that I almost don’t want it to be over. Ya know?
Today is also my last day in Tulum, which is another thing that went by too quickly. I can’t wait to write a good recap for you guys on the full experience and show you all of the food we shot! It was such a full week—I’m looking forward to having a couple days at home with my parents in CT before heading for AZ.
I’ve been on 11 flights within 8 weeks, so I’m definitely ready to stay put for a few months before taking off and moving again. As much as I love travel and flying for my clients, it can be tough to run a business when you’re constantly moving between time zones. I also want to get back to my yoga studio… that’s actually the main reason why I’m not staying in CT longer.
Speaking of fitness, I’m also looking forward to cooking all of my own food again. I definitely miss that when I’m constantly on the road. I was able to cook well when I was at my parents and I have a good game plan whenever I’m in New York, but it’s not the same as having my instant pot, Sprouts, and my routine to keep me feeling my best.
And these collagen smoothies will definitely be in rotation for me once I’m back home too! I usually have a smoothie each day for breakfast since I eat sooo much meat throughout the rest of the day.
This blog post is all over the place. Want me to shut up and give you the recipe? Ok.
What you need to make Vanilla Chai Smoothies:
- White sweet potato — bear with me! This is actually a secret weapon for fruitless smoothies. You can use a colored potato, but I like the white potato to keep this smoothie looking like a “vanilla” smoothie
- Coconut milk – or your dairy free milk of choice
- Cinnamon – the best part!
- Nutmeg – gotta get that chai spice!
- Ginger – I love the subtle kick this adds!
- Allspice – the only ingredient Id say you can leave out if you reaaaally want to cut corners.
- Vanilla Bone Broth Protein or two scoops unflavored collagen and some honey
Tip for making these Paleo Vanilla Chai Collagen Smoothies:
- Make sure your sweet potato is cooled or you’ll end up with a hot shake–not ideal!
- You could steep some chai tea bags in the coconut milk if you have extra time or just really love chai
- I use Ancient Nutrition’s Vanilla Bone Broth Protein for this smoothie, but I’ve also made it with 2 scoops of my favorite collagen and a dash of honey or monk fruit to sweeten!
- Top this off with your fav grain free granola!
Other collagen smoothies on the blog:
- Black Forest Collagen Smoothie
- Toasted Coconut Collagen Smoothie
- Mint Chip Collagen Smoothie
- Almond Joy Collagen Smoothie Bowl
- Paleo Sweet Potato Gingerbread Smoothie
Paleo Vanilla Chai Collagen Smoothie
- 1/2 cup cooked white sweet potato
- 1.5 cups coconut milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1 scoop Vanilla Bone Broth Protein or two scoops unflavored collagen and some honey
Add all ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Add ice to achieve a thicker consistency.
Garnish with desired toppings and enjoy!