Sometimes you just need a vegan cheesecake. Small Batch Vanilla Cheesecake Bars come together in a pinch with a raw, vegan filling and a grain-free crust and a cherry topping.
Small Batch Vanilla Cheesecake Bars (paleo, vegan, naturally sweetened)
As a kid I thought cheesecake was dumb, but now that I can’t eat dairy I’m a little mad at myself. I should’ve eaten it while I had the chance! Thankfully things like cashews and coconut cream make it easy to create a vegan and paleo version of cheesecake that is actually even easier to make. Plus, this small-batch, bar version of cheesecake makes it even more laid-back and approachable no matter what occasion you’re cooking for! These Small Batch Vanilla Cheesecake Bars are the perfect, luxurious spring or summer paleo treat that you need in your life.
With the temperatures being ridiculously hot here in AZ I was craving a no-bake treat (or close to it) that wasn’t too heavy, and this paleo vanilla cheesecake hit the spot! I chose to top mine with fresh cherries. but it would be delicious with any in-season fruit that you have on hand. Or, if you want to live dangerously I’m sure if would be great with whipped cream or even a chocolate glaze.
How to make Vegan Cheesecake Bars
The best thing about vegan cheesecake is how easy it is! You don’t have to worry about cracks/waterbaths/etc like you do with regular cheesecake. And you only need a handful of ingredients! Here’s how it works:
- Soak your cashews. The key to a creamy dairy-free cheesecake is starting with good soft cashews. I like to soak mine overnight but you can soak them in hot water for three hours if short on time.
- Make and Bake your crust. This cheesecake has an easy coconut flour crust that only bakes for a couple of minutes. I bake mine in an 8×4 pan lined with parchment.
- Blend your filling until super creamy. If your cashews are good and soft this should be easy! Just pop your cashews in a food processor and blend until smooth, then add the rest of your filling ingredients and blend until they’re fully mixed and creamy.
- Chill! Now you set back and let the freezer do the work. 3-4 hours in the freezer should be enough to make this nice and firm
- Slice and enjoy. These no-fuss, easy cheesecake bars are ready to enjoy! Just top them off with your favorite fresh fruit or glaze.
If you happen to have leftovers I would just keep them in the fridge for up to a week, or the freezer for 2 months. Given that these are a small batch and irresistible I don’t anticipate you having that problem, though 🙂
Other Vegan and Paleo Treats:
Paleo and Vegan Small Batch Vanilla Cheesecake Bars
- 3/4 cups coconut flour
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil. melted
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews soaked for at least 2 hours in hot water or overnight
- 3/4 cup coconut cream*
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup cherries
Preheat oven to 325 F and Line an 8x4 pan with parchment paper. Combine all of the crust ingredients and press into the prepared pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly golden. Set aside to cool.
Puree the cashews in a food processor until broken down, then add the remaining filling ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy.
Once the crust is cooled, pour the filling in and smooth the top with a spatula.
Place the cheesecake in the freezer and let it firm for 3-4 hours, or overnight.
Before serving, let the cheesecake thaw for 10 minutes, then top with cherries and slice. Enjoy!
Use the thick coconut cream from a chilled can of coconut milk.