This Paleo Spring Asparagus Pear Quiche is the perfect light, springtime breakfast or brunch recipe! It’s a dairy-free egg filling with fresh veggies in a grain-free quiche crust.
What is a quiche?
I’m adding this in here because two years ago I was the person who didn’t know what a quiche was. My family NEVER made one, so how was I to know? Basically it’s an egg bake in a pit crust, or, in this case, an egg and veggie bake in a grain-free crust.
Tip for making this Spring Asparagus Pear Quiche:
- Don’t overbake the crust on the first 10 minute go-around since It’ll be back in the oven with the filling.
- Don’t skimp on the nutritional yeast! This is a big flavor-add.
- You can use any dairy-free milk you’d like in the filling (or dairy-full if you’re that kinda gal.)
- You could use apple instead of pear if you’d like!
Other Paleo Brunch recipes:
Pear Asparagus Quiche
This Paleo Spring Asparagus Pear Quiche is the perfect light, springtime breakfast or brunch recipe! It's a dairy-free egg filling with fresh veggies in a grain-free quiche crust.
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 small white onion thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup asparagus, cut in 1 inch slices
- 1 pear thinly sliced
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 6 eggs
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a 9 inch pie pan. In a medium bowl combine coconut oil and flour in a bowl and cut with a fork until crumbly. Add in the rest of the ingredients and stir well to combine. Allow to sit for 5 minutes to absorb, and add additional water if needed. Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
In a medium sized bowl whisk together eggs, coconut milk, nutritional yeast, and salt.
Place oil in a 9 or 10 inch skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 4-5 minutes. Add asparagus to the skillet and sauté for 5-6 minutes, until cooked.
Distribute the asparagus mixture evenly throughout the prepared crust, layering the pear slices in.
Pour the eggs into the crust over the vegetables and pear. Top with sliced green onions.
Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the egg mixture is set.